Payne and Dolan, Inc.
We are also hiring for other Business Operations Support positions including:
Payne and Dolan-A Walbec Group Company
Professional construction and engineering services, asphalt pavement material producer and paving contractor since 1932.
P&D has established a strong commitment to quality, safety, innovation, and leadership. Our team of talented civil engineers are well equipped to provide a full range of construction services including design consultation and construction oversight. As an asphalt, aggregate, and concrete manufacturer, we take pride in our ability to manage and control the process, thereby ensuring that our customers always receive the best material for each specific need.
Under the direction of the Area Manager, the Construction Coordinator will be responsible for producing and managing the scheduling functions at the Company.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Generate a daily schedule communicating the next day's work in grading, paving, and milling
- Utilize HCSS Dispatcher to execute and manage the equipment schedule necessary to communicate with Dispatcher
- Manage truck counts using trucking matrix
- Forecast specialty equipment (i.e. shuttle buggy, excavators, shouldering machines) to reduce potential conflicts
- Update, edit, and maintain a 10 day rolling schedule as changes occur via project manager
- Coordinate with fellow schedulers for the most efficient use of crews and equipment
- Work with plant managers to schedule plants efficiently
- Conduct/Lead Weekly Scheduling Meeting for individual areas, and as needed for the Global Meeting.
- Input the milling requests by project managers into Long Range Milling Schedule
- Assist superintendents with request off forms
- Maintain open lines of communication with all levels of management to ensure customer satisfaction in regards to crew availability and scheduling
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- College/Vocational school preferred; high school diploma or equivalent necessary
- 1-2 years of road construction experience
- Ability to multi-task required
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Products
- Valid Driver's License and satisfactory driving record
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Prior experience working with construction
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience, and courtesy
- Must be self-directed and motivated
- Proven problem-solving abilities.
- Team player as this position interacts with all areas of the business, and outside customer groups.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees.