Northeast Asphalt, Inc.
Contract Rate - Hourly
We are also hiring for other Heavy Highway Construction positions including:
Laborer - Asphalt/Grading Construction
Northeast Asphalt Inc., a Walbec Group Company
MULTIPLE JOB SITES IN WI - TRAVEL REQUIRED
Under the direction of the Foreman, the Laborer must be able to follow directions provided by a foreman on a paving or grading crew to perform many basic tasks that require physical labor.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Assist in layout of roadway and parking lots.
- Understand and know how a job is being graded or paved.
- Help with paving machine set up or setting grade.
- Mark any obstacles / manholes / water boxes / gas valves / catch basins / etc., for crew and trucks.
- Help set signs and direct traffic to and through job site.
- Work out areas which cannot be graded by machines or laid with the screed
- Asphalt laborers must Identify areas that require repair or have imperfections in the mat and repair it.
- Grading Laborers are must be cognizant of grade depths, flow, ADA requirements, etc.
- Help keep machines clean.
- Keep all hand tools clean and maintained.
- Clean, sweep, trim pavement edges and assist in other cleanup of the job site as required.
- Additional duties as assigned by Foreman or other management level.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Prior construction experience.
- Must be able to travel and work varied hours including nights/early mornings, weekends and as needed. Positions are seasonal based on weather
- Must have reliable transportation; be willing to travel to any and all jobsites, and show up to work on time every day.
- Very good pay and benefits, free training and lots of growth potential!
Environmental Requirements The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.
- Be able to tolerate variable weather conditions from extreme heat to cold
- Work in a dirty and dusty environment
- Be able to walk and/or stand for extended time (up to an entire day's shift)
- Be able to comprehend, understand and follow policies, procedures and safety requirements
- Have the ability to hear and see to the level of accomplishment for above requirements
Additional NotesMust have reliable transportation and show up to work on time every day. Must be willing to travel to any and all job sites without exception.The ability to work varied hours including nights, early mornings, and weekends as needed.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply!