Payne and Dolan, Inc.
We are also hiring for other Engineering & Construction Management positions including:
Professional Land Surveyor
PAYNE AND DOLAN, a Walbec Group Company
We are looking for seasoned field staff to join our growing team of Engineers and Surveyors!
Under the direction of theEngineering Manager, the Professional Land Surveyor will perform various land survey related functions on projects of various sizes. The Professional Land Surveyor can expect to work with both internal and external customers, conducting boundary research and performing field surveying tasks.
Payne & Dolan islooking for a self-motivated, results-oriented, problem-solver who has a desire to be part of our growing engineering and land surveying practice. The candidate should be proficient in the following roles and ready to take on the following responsibilities.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interacting with clients and co-workers to determine surveying scope of services and assisting in fee estimate and proposal generation.
- Researching public records to determine existing property boundaries, easements and other property related land surveying information.
- Performing various types of land surveys, such as boundary surveys, topographical surveys and construction surveying, including layout and structure staking.
- Drafting land division instruments and survey basemaps using AutoCAD Civil3D.
- Creating and recreating proposed surfaces for construction layout purposes.
- Work with Project Managers and Project Engineers to understand project instructions and responsibilities, scope of work, scheduling and budget.
- Coordinate project requirements (tasks, duties, budgets, schedules, etc.) with team members and provide assistance to complete required tasks.
- Mentor and develop survey field staff with registration in mind.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Wisconsin, Michigan or Illinois ProfessionalLand Surveyors license.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience as a land surveying crew chief.
- Land division and boundary resolution experience.
- Must be a reliable, efficient self-starter with initiative and a sense of responsibility.
- Strong communication and time-management skills are required.
- Valid Driver's License and satisfactory driving recordPosition is located in either Greenville, WI or Waukesha, WI, with extensive travel anticipated.
- We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees.
Position is located in either Greenville, WI or Waukesha, WI, with extensive travel anticipated.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees.