Payne and Dolan, Inc.
We are also hiring for other Engineering & Construction Management positions including:
PAYNE AND DOLAN, INC.
Professional construction and engineering services, asphalt pavement material producer and paving contractor since 1932.
P&D has established a strong commitment to quality, safety, innovation, and leadership. Our team of talented civil engineers are well equipped to provide a full range of construction services including design consultation and construction oversight. As an asphalt, aggregate, and concrete manufacturer, we take pride in our ability to manage and control the process, thereby ensuring that our customers always receive the best material for each specific need.
Engineering Technician - Payne and Dolan- A Walbec Group Company
Under the direction of the Engineering Manager, the Engineering Technician will perform civil engineering plan production and construction inspection tasks on a wide range of Site Civil, Land Development and Public infrastructure projects.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve in a production capacity for both design and construction oversight of infrastructure and land development projects
- Develop detail site development drawings in conjunction with senior professional engineers
- Enforceproject-specific standards and observe construction activities to ensure conformance with the project plans and specifications.
- Perform site reviews and construction site visits
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Associate's degree in Civil Engineering Technology or Land Surveying preferred
- Must be a reliable, efficient self-starter with initiative and a sense of responsibility
- Prior experience in Heavy civil design, commercial & residential site planning/site development, storm water or erosion control design desired
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD/Civil 3D software
- Ability to communicate to others to convey information effectively, by telephone, in written form, email and in person
- Ability to keep accurate and detailed records and field notes
- Valid Driver's License and considered insurable by insurance standards
Position is located in either Greenville, WI or Waukesha, WI, with extensive travel throughout the Country on a seasonal basis anticipated.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees.