Zenith Tech, Inc.
We are also hiring for other Engineering & Construction Management positions including:
Lead Structural Design Engineer
Zenith Tech Inc., a Walbec Group Company
Lead Structural Design Engineer / Heavy Civil & Industrial - Waukesha
The Lead Structural Design Engineer will be responsible for establishing and implementing engineering department standards and protocols. The individual will also develop and oversee structural analysis and design of temporary earth retention systems, cofferdams, demolition plans, critical lift plans, concrete formwork, concrete falsework, hydraulic jacking and other heavy construction processes. Individual must be self-directed, highly organized, motivated and maintain high level of standards.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform engineering design and analysis on multiple and/or complex road, site, bridge, structures and other miscellaneous heavy construction projects.
- Manage and direct the developing and interpreting of engineering data to perform calculations and generate construction/shop drawings.
- Manage and develop other engineering staff and interns.
- Utilize project specifications and provisions from owner to analyze and prepare engineered drawings. Conduct site visits and pre-work consultations with owner representatives as required.
- Assist estimators and participate in prebid reviews with operations to provide conceptual means and methods for proposals.
- Work with operations to establish means and methods to develop plans and shop drawings.
- Collaboratively work with Shop, Project and Construction Managers to assist in solving construction problems. Perform site visits as required.
- Performs other related duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited university. Emphasis in structures and geotechnical is preferred.
- 10 years of structural design in related field with oversight or manager experience.
- Valid Driver's License and satisfactory driving record.
- Solid knowledge of bridge/structural design, engineering theories and principles.
- Professional Engineer (PE) License in WI / Structural Engineer (SE) License a plus. Licensed in adjacent states or ability to acquire through NCEES site preferred.
- Proficient with structural engineering analysis software (RISA or equivalent) - 3D and FEA experience preferred.
- Proficient in CAD (3D experience preferred) and Mathcad.
- Civil Tech and/or other Geotech analysis software knowledge is preferred.
- Knowledge of common construction forming materials and forming systems used in heavy construction engineering projects.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees.