Zenith Tech, Inc.
Union Scale - Hourly
We are also hiring for other Heavy Highway Construction positions including:
- Experienced Road Grader Operator (Green Bay, WI)
- Experienced Asphalt Paving Operator (Appleton, WI)
- Laborer - Asphalt/Grading Construction (Appleton, WI)
- Experienced Concrete Saw Operator - Construction Heavy Equipment (Waukesha, WI)
Gradall Operator - Construction Heavy Equipment
Gradall Operator - Zenith Tech, Inc. a Walbec Group Company
Under the direction of the Foreman, the Gradall Operator will be responsible for operating a Gradall excavator along with several other types of power construction equipment in a safe and efficient manner. This equipment may include, but is not limited to, skidsteers, backhoes, front-end loaders, dozers, graders, compactors, and other pieces of equipment.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Use machinery to move construction materials, earth and other heavy materials at construction sites
- Operate equipment as directed for the construction of roads and other projects as needed.
- Work with one or several types of power construction equipment in a safe and effective manner to minimize the risk of injury and property damage
- Able to read and understand grade stakes, automated machine control cab displays, etc.
- Depending on assignment, able to properly utilize equipment to accomplish tasks involving grade, slope, yield, etc. as needed.
- Depending on assignment, able to safely maneuver machinery in tight quarters, around people, traffic and utilities
- Clean, maintain and secure all equipment
- Ensure that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed
- Assist with repairs as needed
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Successfully pass, or has passed, the Operator's Union aptitude test when required
- Ability to clean, maintain and assist in repairing equipment
- Must be punctual and dependable
- Valid Driver's License and satisfactory driving record
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Class A CDL or ability to obtain
- Ability to lift heavy objects,
- Walk/stand for long periods of time,
- Perform strenuous physical labor in outdoor elements,
- Must be able to work weekends and/or overtime when needed,
- Three (3) years' experience and knowledge of commercial driving regulations
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply!