Northeast Asphalt, Inc.
Green Bay, WI
Based on experience - Salary
Northeast Asphalt, a Walbec Group company
Green Bay area Scheduling Coordinator
Under the direction of the Area Manager, the Scheduling Coordinator will be responsible for producing and managing the scheduling functions at the Company.
Role and Responsibilities
- Generating a daily schedule for paving and grading for assigned area, including project locations, times, plants, materials, personnel, flagging, equipment and trucking needs
- Work with Company Logistics Supervisor to assist in scheduling and ensure the most efficient transport of floating equipment, graders, loaders, rollers, and other heavy equipment moves
- Monitor and manage the trucking vendors utilized in the area to improve the quality, safety and efficiency of material transportation
- Create a rolling two week schedule (updated as changes occur) and create an electronic posting of the updated schedule accessible on a daily basis
- Work directly with the local project management staff to collect project data to ensure an efficient and cost effective schedule
- Maintain open lines of communication with Company scheduling managers, field/plant/aggregate supervisors, technical services, area managers and project managers to ensure customer satisfaction in regards to crew availability and scheduling efficiency
- Coordinate traffic control needs, including but not limited to equipment, location, duration and pick up, to assist in efficient planning and scheduling
- Monitor crew personnel hours of service as requested by Area Management
- Other related duties as required
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Some Post-secondary education, such as Technical or Vocational training related to logistics or construction management methods.
- Experience in scheduling and training, preferably in a construction related environment
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to interact in person and by other means with different personality types, positions and persons inside and outside the company
- Acute "Customer Service" mentality and problem-solving skills
- Strong computer skills and the ability to learn proprietary systems as well.
- Knowledge of construction terms and a good understanding of Northeastern and Central Wisconsin geography.
- A good attitude and the ability to work with others under pressure, while remaining professional and acting ethically at all times.
This position may be required to travel for training purposes.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees.