Construction Resources Management, Inc.
The Walbec Group - Helping people reach their destinations
Where you work is a very important part of where you head in life. The Walbec Group is a family of companies that have collectively served the needs of their customers for over 85 years. Together Payne & Dolan, Inc., Northeast Asphalt, Inc., Zenith Tech, Inc., Premier Concrete, Inc. & Construction Resources Management, Inc. provide professional construction and engineering services. We offer an excellent benefit package including free health insurance, life insurance, disability, 401(k), profit sharing, PTO, paid holidays and much more! What is your destination?
Under the direction of the Payroll Manager, the Payroll Specialist is responsible for processing weekly multi-state and multi-company payrolls for 1000+ union and non-union employees.
Role and Responsibilities
- Complete detailed analysis of payroll related information
- Perform system maintenance including, but not limited to, new hire set-up, timekeeping input, direct deposit set up, terminations, garnishment processing, etc.
- Work with the Payroll Team to process weekly payrolls for five (5) companies
- Provide excellent internal and external customer service for payroll-related issues
- Prepare and remit monthly union benefit payments
- Complete other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Associates degree or equivalent experience in a related field
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to multitask
- Strong knowledge of computer software including general computer navigation skills
- Ability to work with confidential information in a professional manner
- Accurate data entry and typing skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high volume environment and meet multiple weekly deadlines
- Prior experience in a multi-state, multi-company, construction organization.
- AS400 experience
- KRONOS experience
- Heavy Job experience
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees.