Payne and Dolan, Inc.
Union Scale - Hourly
Payne & Dolan, Inc., a Walbec Group Company
Under the direction of the Foreman, the Laborer helps support construction operations in various aspects and is responsible for many basic tasks that require physical labor and mental preparedness
Role and Responsibilities
- Load, unload, carry and place various materials to be used in construction
- Set up and maintain work zone traffic control and safety equipment
- Contribute to all safety efforts of crew operations
- Clean and prepare construction sites by removing debris and possible hazards
- Operate jackhammers or other equipment to demolish prior construction materials on site
- Dig trenches, backfill holes, or compact earth to prepare for construction
- Operate or tend various hand tools, power tools, equipment and machines used in any or all aspects of construction, demolition or repair.
- Assist craft workers with their duties as assigned or requested
- Clean and maintain equipment as required
- Assist in safe loading/unloading and transport of equipment and materials as needed
- Follow construction plans and instructions from Foreman or more experienced workers
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Valid Driver's License and satisfactory driving record
- At least 3 years of prior construction experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Member of Local Laborer Union, or willingness to become a member
- Commercial Driver's License or the ability to obtain
Must have reliable transportation and show up to work on time every scheduled day. Must be willing to travel to any and all job sites without exception.The ability to work varied hours including nights, early mornings, and weekends as needed.
Environmental Requirements for Laborer position
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.
- Be able to tolerate variable weather conditions from extreme heat to cold
- Work in a dirty and dusty environment
- Be able to walk and/or stand for extended time (up to an entire day's shift)
- Be able to comprehend, understand and follow policies, procedures and safety requirements
- Have the ability to hear and see to the level of accomplishment for above requirements
Additional Notes: Must have reliable transportation and show up to work on time every day. The ability to work varied hours includingovertime as needed.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees.