Zenith Tech, Inc.
Union Scale - Hourly
Experienced Carpenter - Bridge
Zenith Tech Inc. , a Walbec Group Company
Position summary Under the direction of the Foreman, the Carpenter responsible for assembly and removal of forms used for forming concrete structures during bridge/dam construction. Such forms include footings, abutments, walls, pier stems/columns, pier caps, bridge decking and parapets.
Role and Responsibilities
- Proficient in using a wide variety of hand tools (hammers, drills, saws, vice grips, wrenches, levels, tapes, etc.) necessary for carpentry.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints.
- Proficient in building form footings, forming walls, wings and be able to tie in corners using concrete forming systems.
- Must be proficient in forming diaphragms, cheek walls, shear blocks, and bulkheads.
- Must be proficient at hanging and adjusting overhang jacks and forming all parts of overhang falsework.
- Must be proficient at forming parapets.
- Must comply with all company safety and personnel policies
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Valid Driver's License and satisfactory driving record
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Member of Local Laborer Union, or willingness to become a member
- Minimum of 1 year prior bridge construction experience
Environmental Requirements The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.
- Be able to tolerate variable weather conditions from extreme heat to cold
- Work in a dirty and dusty environment
- Be able to walk and/or stand for extended time (up to an entire day's shift)
- Be able to comprehend, understand and follow policies, procedures and safety requirements
- Have the ability to hear and see to the level of accomplishment for above requirements
Additional Notes Must have reliable transportation and show up to work on time every day. Must be willing to travel to any and all job sites without exception.The ability to work varied hours including nights, early mornings, and weekends as needed.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply!