Payne and Dolan, Inc.
Union Scale - Hourly
Operator - Stationary Aggregate Crushing, Washing/Extraction
Payne & Dolan, Inc., a Walbec Group Company
Position summary:Under the direction of the Foreman, the Operator will be responsible for operating several types of construction equipment in a safe and efficient manner. This equipment may include, but is not limited to, loaders, haul trucks, skid steer loaders, water trucks, graders, man lifts, dozers, excavators and back hoes.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Clean up around plant including shoveling and skid steer operation
- Maintenance and shoveling
- Carrying tools & supplies
- Assist with repairs as needed
- Maintain a clean and orderly work site
- Follow proper safety and incident reporting procedures
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Successfully pass, or has passed, the Operator's Union aptitude test when required
- Valid Driver's License and satisfactory driving record
- Requires climbing ability to clean, maintain and repair equipment at the plant
- Must be punctual and dependable
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
May require working long hours, rotating shifts, split shifts, weekends and nights. May require traveling to sites up to 1.5 hours one way to work.
Environmental Requirements for position
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.
- Be able to tolerate variable weather conditions from extreme heat to cold
- Work in a dirty and dusty environment
- Be able to walk and/or stand for extended time (up to an entire day's shift)
- Be able to comprehend, understand and follow policies, procedures and safety requirements
- Have the ability to hear and see to the level of accomplishment for above requirements
Additional Notes: Must have reliable transportation and show up to work on time every day. The ability to work varied hours includingovertime as needed.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees.