Payne and Dolan, Inc.
Contract Rate - Hourly
Laborer - Asphalt/Grading Construction
Payne and DolanInc., a Walbec Group Company
MULTIPLE JOBSITES IN MI-TRAVEL REQUIRED
Under the direction of the Foreman, the laborer is responsible for many basic tasks that require physical labor.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Assist in layout of roadway and parking lots
- Understand and know how a job is being paved
- Help with paver set up
- Mark any obstacles / manholes / water boxes / gas valves / catch basins / etc., for crew and trucks
- Help set signs and direct traffic to and through job site
- Work out areas which cannot be laid with the screed
- Identify areas that require repair or have imperfections in the mat and repair it
- Help keep machines clean
- Keep all hand tools clean and maintained
- Trim pavement edges and assist in cleanup of the job site
- Additional duties as assigned by Foreman or other management level
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Valid Driver's License and satisfactory driving record
- Member of Local Laborer Union, or willingness to take appropriate steps to become a union member
- Prior construction experience
- CDL Temps or License
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.b
- Beable to tolerate variable weather conditions from extreme heat to cold
- Work in a dirty and dusty environment
- Be able to walk and/or stand for extended time (up to an entire day's shift)
- Be able to comprehend, understand and follow policies, procedures and safety requirements
- Have the ability to hear and see to the level of accomplishment for above requirements
Must have reliable transportation and show up to work on time every day. Must be willing to travel to any and all job sites without exception. The ability to work varied hours including nights, early mornings, and weekends as needed.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees.