Payne and Dolan, Inc.
Union Scale - Hourly
Asphalt Plant Operator
Payne & Dolan, a Walbec Group Company
Position Summary: Under the direction of the Foreman, the Operator will be responsible for operating several types of power construction equipment in a safe and efficient manner. This equipment may include, but not limited to skid loaders, front end loaders, dozers and other pieces of equipment.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Effectively operate front end loaders to feed aggregate materials into asphalt plant cold feed bins
- Mechanical ability to repair/maintain loaders, skid loader and asphalt plant equipment
- Willingness to learn new tasks, do different tasks throughout the day and be a team player
- Work with one or several types of power construction equipment in a safe and effective manner to minimize the risk of injury and property damage
- Clean, maintain and secure all equipment
- Ensure that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Successfully pass or has passed the Operator's Union aptitude test when required
- Ability to clean, maintain and assist in repairing equipment
- Must be very punctual and dependable
- Valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Three (3) years experience in an operator's role
- Asphalt Plant experience
Must have reliable transportation and show up to work on time every scheduled day. Must be willing to travel to any and all job sites without exception.The ability to work varied hours including nights, early mornings, and weekends as needed.
Environmental Requirements: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.
- Beable to tolerate variable weather conditions from extreme heat to cold
- Work in a dirty and dusty environment
- Be able to walk and/or stand for extended time (up to an entire day's shift)
- Be able to comprehend, understand and follow policies, procedures and safety requirements
- Have the ability to hear and see to the level of accomplishment for above requirements
Additional Notes: May require working long hours, weekends and nights. May require traveling to sites up to 1.5 hours one way to work.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees.