Payne and Dolan, Inc.
Union Scale - Hourly
Payne & Dolan, Inc., a Walbec Group Company
Under the direction of the Drilling and Blasting Manager, the Drilling and Blasting individual is responsible for performing any combination of physical tasks on drilling and blasting projects.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Must be willing to travel to job locations and stay overnight as necessary.
- Must be willing to work with a dynamic work schedule to meet company needs and customer expectations.
- Must be able to communicate needed repairs on vehicles and machines to supervisors and/or shop personnel.
- Must have the ability to accurately complete all assigned daily paperwork in a timely manner.
- Must obey all company safety rules, policies and the ethical code of conduct as outlined I the employee handbook.
- Must comply with all rules and regulations of the local, state and federal agencies. (i.e. MSHA, ATFE, Dept. of Commerce, Municipal regulations, etc.)
- Must be able to complete daily workplace inspections in accordance with all regulations stated above.
- Must be able to communicate daily work schedule and concerns with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to communicate with coworkers, foreman, company supervisors, and management on all work related operations. (i.e. daily work schedule, work areas, blasting times & locations, site safety & preparation, etc.)
- Mark patterns, locations, and depths of bore holes for drilling, and issue drilling instructions.
- Measure depths of drilled blast holes, using weighted tape measures.
- Place safety cones around blast areas to alert other workers of danger zones, and signal workers as necessary to ensure that they clear blast sites prior to blasting events.
- Maintain inventory levels, ordering new supplies as necessary.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Must pass company drug and alcohol tests.
- Valid Driver's License and satisfactory driving record.
- Must pass ATFE background checks.
- Ability to obtain and maintain employee possessor status.
- Strong computer skills and the ability to use trade related software and technical instruments.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Blasting License
Must have reliable transportation and show up to work on time every scheduled day. Must be willing to travel to any and all job sites without exception.The ability to work varied hours including nights, early mornings, and weekends as needed.
Environmental Requirements for Driller position
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.
- Be able to tolerate variable weather conditions from extreme heat to cold
- Work in a dirty and dusty environment
- Be able to walk and/or stand for extended time (up to an entire day's shift)
- Be able to comprehend, understand and follow policies, procedures and safety requirements
- Have the ability to hear and see to the level of accomplishment for above requirements
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees.