Payne and Dolan, Inc.
16.00 - Hourly
Heavy Equipment Detailer
Payne & Dolan, a Walbec Group Company
Under the direction of the Shop Foreman, the Equipment Detailer will be responsible for washing and cleaning vehicles, equipment, and machinery.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Cleaning machines and shop areas as necessary.
- Scrub, scrape, or spray machine parts, equipment, or vehicles, using scrapers, brushes, clothes, cleaners, disinfectants, insecticides, acid, abrasives, vacuums, or hoses.
- Mix cleaning solutions, abrasive compositions, or other compounds, according to formulas.
- Rinse objects and surfaces and dry them using drying racks, a cloth, squeegee or air compressor.
- Maintain tools, equipment and shop area for the purpose of ensuring safety.
- Clean-up/maintenance in shop area(s).
- Maintain recycling equipment.
- Assist in mechanical repairs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- High School Diploma, GED or 2 years work experience.
- Valid Driver's License and satisfactory driving record
- The ability to work around industrial cleaning chemicals and solvents.
May require working long hours, rotating shifts, split shifts, weekends and nights. May require traveling to sites up to 1.5 hours one way to work.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual will encounter while performing the essential functions of this position.
- Be able to tolerate variable weather conditions from extreme heat to cold
- Work in a dirty and dusty environment
- Be able to walk and/or stand for extended time (up to an entire day's shift)
- Be able to comprehend, understand and follow policies, procedures and safety requirements
- Have the ability to hear and see to the level of accomplishment for above requirements
Must have reliable transportation, ability to travel and must show up to work on time every day. The ability to work varied hours includingovertime as needed.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees.