Zenith Tech, Inc.
Union Scale - Hourly
Laborer - Bridge Construction
Under the direction of the Foreman, the laborer is responsible for many basic tasks that require physical labor.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Assist in layout and construction of bridge work
- Understand and learn various aspects of bridge work
- Help with set up and construction
- Work out areas which cannot be laid with the screed
- Identify areas that require repair or have imperfections in the mat and repair it
- Help keep machines clean
- Keep all hand tools clean and maintained
- Assist in cleanup of the job site
- Additional duties as assigned by Foreman or other management level
- Travel to various jobsites throughout the Midwest
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Valid Driver's License and satisfactory driving record
- Member of Local Laborer Union, or willingness to take appropriate steps to become a union member
- Prior construction experience
Must have reliable transportation and show up to work on time every day. Must be willing to travel to any and all job sites without exception. The ability to work varied hours including nights, early mornings, and weekends as needed.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees.