Payne and Dolan, Inc.
Based on Experience - Hourly
Payne & Dolan, Inc., a Walbec Group Company
Under the direction of the Grading Manager, the Construction Surveyor will be responsible for providing support to Area and Project Managers in the field by preparing and providing surveying and mapping services of land or land features for horizontal and vertical construction layouts.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Prepare drawings depicting existing & proposed areas, elevations, features, etc. (parking lots, main line roadways, etc.).
- Verify the accuracy of survey data, including measurements and calculations conducted at survey sites.
- Record the results of surveys, including the shape, contour, location, elevation, and dimensions of land or land features.
- Calculate heights, depths relative positions, property lines, and other characteristics of terrain.
- Plan and conduct ground surveys designed to establish baselines, elevations, and other measurements.
- Assist in other projects and duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Experience and technical training in surveying, civil engineering, or a related field will be considered.
- Five (5) years of relevant experience in the construction industry.
- Basic survey skills and knowledge of the correct and safe usage of surveying equipment.
- Basic math skills including percentages and volumes.
- Experience in blueprint reading and understanding contract documents.
- Ability to work in construction job site conditions (fast paced environment).
- Ability to read, understand and adjust construction plans to ensure proper drainage of sites.
- Valid Driver's License and satisfactory driving record.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Organized with strong follow-up skills.
- Strong analytical skills, detailed-orientated, self-motivated, and team-orientated.
- Associates Degree in Civil Technology, Drafting Technology, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Surveying, or Survey Technology.
- Experience in surveying software, Civil 3D or Carlson Survey.
Must have reliable transportation and show up to work on time every scheduled day. Must be willing to travel to any and all job sites without exception.The ability to work varied hours including nights, early mornings, and weekends as needed.
Environmental Requirements for surveyor position
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.
- Be able to tolerate variable weather conditions from extreme heat to cold
- Work in a dirty and dusty environment
- Be able to walk and/or stand for extended time (up to an entire day's shift)
- Be able to comprehend, understand and follow policies, procedures and safety requirements
- Have the ability to hear and see to the level of accomplishment for above requirements
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees.