Zenith Tech, Inc.
Red Wing, MN
Union Scale - Hourly
Cement Mason/ Concrete Finisher
Zenith Tech, Inc. a Walbec Group Company
Under the direction of the Foreman, the Cement Mason is responsible for assisting placement of concrete and finishing final concrete surfaces which are visible after a bridge is built. Concrete finishers grind concrete after curing and spray on chemical concrete sealers when necessary.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Smooth out concrete in segments to ensure the concrete poured is level
- Fill roadways, driveways, sidewalks, bridges, and parking lots
- Arrange the concrete forms
- Prepare surface
- Level surfaces by using special blades, making sure all lumps and bubbles are smoothed over
- Use wood or plastic forms to shape the concrete and hold it until it is set
- Smooth high spots and fill depressions
- Make concrete beams, columns, and panels
- Wash away excess concrete
- Finish corners by hand
- Use machines that vibrate concrete to fill air pockets
- Work safely
- Knowledge of and ability to safely use crane hand signals
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Valid Driver's License and satisfactory driving record
- Ability to lift and carry up to 75 lbs. unassisted
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Member of Local Cement Mason's Union, or willingness to become a member
- Prior construction experience
- Ability to lift 100 lbs., crawl in close quarters to strip concrete forms
- Shoot grades
Must have reliable transportation and show up to work on time every day. Must be willing to travel to any and all job sites without exception.?The ability to work varied hours including nights, early mornings, and weekends as needed.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply!