Zenith Tech, Inc.
Estimator/Project Manager- Concrete
The Walbec Group - Helping people reach their destinations
Where you work is a very important part of where you head in life. The Walbec Group is a family of companies that have collectively served the needs of their customers for over 85 years. Together Payne & Dolan, Inc., Northeast Asphalt, Inc., Zenith Tech, Inc., Premier Concrete, Inc. & Construction Resources Management, Inc. provide professional construction and engineering services. We offer an excellent benefit package including free health insurance, life insurance, disability, 401(k), profit sharing, PTO, paid holidays and much more!
What is your destination?
Don't miss this opportunity to join our curb and gutter team!
Under the direction of the Concrete Division Manager, the Project Manager will prepare cost estimates for private, commercial, industrial, municipal, state and federal entities. In addition, after procuring the work, the Project Manager is responsible for planning, directing and coordinating activities on designated jobs to ensure that goals and/or objectives of the job are accomplished within the allotted time frame and within budget parameters.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Prepares project estimates for the Concrete Division of Zenith Tech.
- Interprets plans and specifications
- Conducts pre-estimate job site reviews
- References and updates historical market and competitor research data for use in estimate preparation
- Submits cost estimates to federal, state, municipal and private entities by utilizing software such as AASHTOWare and Bid Express Expedite Bid
- Assemble purchase order and subcontractor documents
- Attends project setup meetings
- Collaborates with Division Manager to conduct cost reviews and prepare change orders
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate project activities to meet deadlines
- Plan, organize and direct activities concerned with the construction project
- Prepare and submit budget project schedules, progress reports and 3 week project schedules
- Ensure overall profitability of designated jobs
- Requisition supplies and materials to complete construction projects and communicate construction managers
- Oversee all job quantity reporting, cost-to-cost reporting, job labor budgets, weekly schedules, and the scheduling of specific P.O. materials
- Engage weekly with Construction Managers and subcontractors to obtain progress reports
- Assist in the development of a site safety plan and to ensure all jobs and personnel are focused on working safely and efficiently
- Engage with owners by attending and/or leading meetings
- Identify quality control and CRI opportunities
- Build rapport and engage with customers and subcontractors
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree, vocational training, certification from an accreditation organization, or combination of schooling and a minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently on multiple projects with varying deadlines or in a team environment on large projects
- Valid Driver's License and considered insurable by insurance standards
- Project management experience in heavy civil construction
- Previous heavy civil, commercial and/or industrial estimating experience
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- HCSS Software knowledge HeavyBid, HeavyJob
- Strong technical writing skills to develop content for proposals, estimates and contracts
- Strong communication skills to convey information effectively via telephone, email or in person with the ability to conduct presentations, coordinate site visits and lead client meetings
This position may require some travel.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees.