Construction Resources Management, Inc.
Green Bay, WI
$18-$27 depending on experience
Asphalt Terminal Operator
Construction Resources Management, Inc. - A Walbec Group Company
Green Bay, WI Location
Under the direction of the Asphalt Terminal Foreman, the Asphalt Terminal Operator is responsible for supporting the entire production process of the Terminal. The goal of the Terminal Operator is to ensure that the production process runs smoothly, safely and efficiently while maintaining a high level of quality and flow of materials in and out of the Terminal.
Role and Responsibilities
- Gauges products transferred to and from tanks, trucks,barges and railcars to verify and control inventory, completing inventory sheets and product transfer sheets accurately and timely.
- Perform valve lineups, switch and tank changes as required to move products in and out of storage.
- Works diligently and follows all safety requirements to prevent product contamination, spills and avoid product loss.
- Inputs information into computer system as required.
- Maintain location appearance and maintain facility in exemplary compliance.
- Perform tank inspections, make analysis of tank contents and prepare records as required, make routine daily inspection of facilities.
- Check trucks in and out of the facility, completing weighing and required documentation paperwork.
- Assist drivers and customers in loading the correct product safely into trucks.
- Perform general maintenance responsibilities as directed.
- Record operational data, tasks completed, maintenance and operational needs to ensure proper documentation is kept.
- Communicate with appropriate individuals on all manufacturing and production operations, any equipment issues, or any maintenance issues within the tank farm that cannot be addressed by those on-site.
- Safely operate a variety of equipment within the tank farm facility, to include, but not limited to: pumps, valves, blowers, compressors, material handling and dumping equipment, etc.
- Work in a safe manner, which follows company safety policies and programs.
- Responsible for other projects and assignments as directed.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Driver's License and satisfactory driving record
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Basic computer skills and the ability to learn and master the local operational software and equipment required for the terminal operations
- Basic Industrial maintenance skills and/or the mechanical aptitude to quickly learn specific skills
- Ability to learn and comprehend Hazardous Materials Operations Training and pass associated testing requirements on an annual basis
- Valid Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) or the ability to quickly acquire TWIC approval
- Must be able to work full work days and alternating shifts
- Requires ability to periodically work long hours, multiple shifts, nights, and weekends included when needed
- Must have ability to work at the assigned job site as well as assist at other terminal locations as needed
- Uniforms are provided
- Majority of time working in an outside plant environment, with and around operational process equipment
- Requires walking, climbing, confined space entry, and working periodically outside in all seasonal elements
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to hot materials and equipment with the potential for burns
- Work environment includes potential exposure to fumes and chemicals which requires that proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is mandatory to be worn whenever required so as to eliminate or minimize exposure or hazard to the individual
- The position's duties are performed in wet and/or humid conditions, extreme cold or extreme heat, in outside weather conditions; working in high precarious places; and in confined space entry areas
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and may require hearing protection in addition to proper PPE, depending upon the assignment