Payne and Dolan, Inc.
Contract rate - Hourly
Operator - Construction Heavy Equipment
Payne and DolanInc., a Walbec Group Company
MULTIPLE JOB SITES IN MI- TRAVEL REQUIRED
Under the direction of the Foreman, the Operator will be responsible for operating several types of power construction equipment in a safe and efficient manner. This equipment may include, but is not limited to, asphalt pavers, backhoes, asphalt rollers, front-end loaders, dozers, graders, compactors, and other pieces of equipment.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Use machinery to move construction materials, earth and other heavy materials at construction sites ( under 50 ton capacity)
- Operate equipment that clears and grades land to prepare it for construction of roads. Work with one or several types of power construction equipment in a safe and effective manner to minimize the risk of injury and property damage
- Able to read and understand grade stakes, automated machine control cab displays, etc.
- Depending on assignment, able to make rough grade, finish grade as needed.
- Depending on assignment, able to safely maneuver machinery in tight quarters, around people, traffic and utilities
- Clean, maintain and secure all equipment
- Ensure that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed
- Assist with repairs as needed
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Successfully pass, or has passed, the Operator's Union aptitude test when required
- Ability to clean, maintain and assist in repairing equipment
- Must be punctual and dependable
- Valid Driver's License and satisfactory driving record
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Class A CDL or ability to obtain
Three (3) years' experience and knowledge of commercial driving regulations
- Be able to tolerate variable weather conditions from extreme heat to cold
- Work in a dirty and dusty environment
- Be able to walk and/or stand for extended time (up to an entire day's shift)
- Be able to comprehend, understand and follow policies, procedures and safety requirements
- Have the ability to hear and see to the level of accomplishment for above requirements
Must have reliable transportation and show up to work on time every day. Must be willing to travel to any and all job sites without exception.The ability to work varied hours including nights, early mornings, and weekends as needed.