Zenith Tech, Inc.
St Joseph, MN
Contract rate - Hourly
Operator - Certified Crane Operator
Zenith Tech, a Walbec Group Company
Under the direction of the Foreman, the Operator will be responsible for operating several types of power construction equipment in a safe and efficient manner. This equipment may include, but is not limited to, asphalt pavers, backhoes, asphalt rollers, front-end loaders, dozers, graders, compactors, and other pieces of equipment.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Use machinery to move construction materials, earth and other heavy materials at construction sites
- Operate equipment as directed for the construction of roads and other projects as needed.
- Work with one or several types of power construction equipment in a safe and effective manner to minimize the risk of injury and property damage
- Able to read and understand grade stakes, automated machine control cab displays, etc.
- Depending on assignment, able to properly utilize equipment to accomplish tasks involving grade, slope, yield, etc. as needed.
- Depending on assignment, able to safely maneuver machinery in tight quarters, around people, traffic and utilities
- Clean, maintain and secure all equipment
- Ensure that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed
- Assist with repairs as needed
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- CCO (Certified Crane Operator) certification
- Successfully pass, or has passed, the Operator's Union aptitude test when required
- Ability to clean, maintain and assist in repairing equipment
- Must be punctual and dependable
- Valid Driver's License and satisfactory driving record
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Member of a Local Labor Union, or willingness to take appropriate steps to become a Union member
- Class A CDL or ability to obtain
- Three (3) years' experience and knowledge of commercial driving regulations
- Should be Fixed Cam boom crane proficient, and able to operate production Skidsteer
- Must be able to travel and work varied hours including nights/early mornings, weekends and as needed. Positions are seasonal based on weather
- Zenith Tech does extensive heavy/highway construction work in different areas. Must be willing to travel to any and all jobsites, and show up to work on time every day.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees.