Zenith Tech, Inc.
Based on experience - Hourly
Zenith Tech, Inc. A Walbec Group Company
Under the direction of the Shop Foreman, the Shop Welder/Laborer helps support construction operations in various aspects and is responsible for many basic tasks that require physical labor and mental preparedness. Full time, year round position with benefits.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Welding knowledge/experience.
- Steel fabrication work.
- Laborer work in the steel fabrication and wood fabrication departments.
- Operate forklift where needed in various areas
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Valid Driver's License and satisfactory driving record
- Reliable and dependable
- Ability to work in a safe and efficient manner
- Welding knowledge/experience
- Ability to clean and organize the shop and yard
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Basic fabrication skills
- Ability to use various fabrication tools
- Self starter
- Team player
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.
- Be able to tolerate variable weather conditions from extreme heat to cold
- Work in a dirty and dusty environment
- Be able to walk and/or stand for extended time (up to an entire day's shift)
- Be able to comprehend, understand and follow policies, procedures and safety requirements
- Have the ability to hear and see to the level of accomplishment for above requirements
Must have reliable transportation and show up to work on time every day. Must be willing to travel to any and all job sites without exception. The ability to work varied hours including nights, early mornings, and weekends as needed.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees.