Northeast Asphalt, Inc.
Under the direction of the General Contracting Manager, the Project Manager is responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating activities on designated jobs to ensure that goals and/or objectives of the job are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate project activities to meet deadlines
- Plan, organize, and direct activities concerned with the construction project
- Prepare and submit budget project schedules, progress reports and 3 week project schedules
- Ensure overall profitability of designated jobs
- Requisition supplies and materials to complete construction projects and communicate construction managers
- Oversee all job quantity reporting, cost-to-cost reporting, job labor budgets, weekly schedules, and the scheduling of specific P.O. materials
- Engage weekly with Construction Managers and subcontractors to obtain progress reports
- Take actions to deal with the results of delays, bad weather, or emergencies at construction sites
- Assist in the development of a site safety plan and to ensure all jobs and personnel are focused on working safely and efficiently
- Engage with owners by attending and/or leading meetings
- Identify quality control and CRI opportunities
- Build rapport and engage with customers and subcontractors
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree, vocational training, certification from an accreditation organization, or combination of schooling and relevant work experience
- Valid Driver's License and considered insurable by insurance standards
- Prior Project Management experience
- Ability to communicate to others to convey information effectively, either by telephone, in written form, email, or in person
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Ability to manage own time and the time of others
- Ability to motivate, develop and direct people
- Knowledge of project management within heavy construction materials, means and methods, and equipment
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership techniques, and coordination of people and resources
This position may require some travel.